Skype Statistics 1H2010
Further to Paul’s note about the upcoming Skype IPO, here’s the statistics update as of June 30, 2010.
- 560 million downloads – I suspect that I’m in that cumulative total six or seven times for each of the various beta clients that I’ve downloaded.
- 124 million active users at least once each month. Although there are currently only 12 million online at this time.
- 8.1 million paying customers, with an ARPU of $96/year. I pay ~$46/year ($36 for SkypeOut in US/Canada and about $10/year for international calling), so I’m definitely below average here.
- For the first six months of 2010, Skype reported revenue of $406 million, and net income of $13.2 million which compares favorably with its whole year 2009 financials. The company ought to deliver sales of $1B for the year and net income better than $25M. In 2009, Skype had sales of $719 million and a loss of $99 million.
- 6.4 million billing minutes during the first six months of 2010, versus 10.7 billion minutes during all of 2009.
- 88.4 billion Skype-to-Skype minutes in 1H2010 compared to 113 billion Skype-to-Skype minutes in 2009.
- GigaOm’s notes about the upcoming IPO.
This post has already been read 0 times!